Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Amazing (and Free!) Music


Finding the perfect music for this project, or for any project, is a huge struggle. This project was originally inspired by the song Black and White by Skyhill (which is partially the reason the opening is being done in black and white silhouettes). The song was about breaking away from the conventions of “black and white”, which we often associate with strict views and ultimatums. The two characters, Ryu and Royce, were supposed to bring color to each other, symbolizing knowledge and understanding.
However, this plan fell short. Skyhill is an amazing band, however they have been broken up for about ten years. And even though I tried to reach out to the band in October, I haven’t heard back since.
The song I ended up using wasn’t one I had gone out of my way to find. While listening to playlists on YouTube, the song Monody (feat. Laura Brehm) by TheFatRat began to play. The song stunned me. It was the strangest mix of ancient-adventure, action, and electro pop. This song is unable to be described in words. It has such a warming and exciting vibe. It gets the listener pumped up for the next adventure.

However when I first listened to this song, I had no idea it was available to be used for free (as long as credit was given). I didn’t discover this until I was watching a gaming video on Youtube and someone had used it in their intro. I checked back on TheFatRat’s YouTube channel and his Tumblr Blog, which granted permission for people to use his music as long as credit was given. Which it absolutely will be. I love his music so much and I’m excited to bring it to life with animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment