Sunday, March 26, 2017

Exhaustion

This project has been one of the most physically and mentally draining feats I've ever had to face. However, I recognize that this is entirely my own fault. Animation was my choice, and I do not regret it. I want to be an animator and I wanted to work on a production of my own. Nevertheless, I felt an obligation to note the difficulties I went through in order to make this production possible.
My schedule notes that I animate at least three hours every day. Well, that is the minimum I have set for myself. Often I find myself working over five hours every day on this animation (during and after school). Though I have most of the rough animation done, I am unfortunately disappointed with how long the coloring is actually taking (even though it's all silhouettes). This is a result of my production being so action-packed. There is a lot of movement and multiple characters on screen at once, which makes coloring a lot more difficult since I have to color in every individual frame.
Because of this time difficulty, I may change my ending to be something a bit simpler. It will convey the same message that I had planned, but the animation will be a lot simpler (for my own sanity).  
I am hoping to complete coloring of my fight scene by the end of the week. However, as I am typing up this blog right now, my computer has completely died. Even though I thought it was plugged in and charging before I went to bed, I guess I must of messed with the plug unintentionally before sleeping.
Which brings me to another issue, my blog posts. My schedule said that I would post them Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, and I already missed my own Tuesday deadline. Know why I missed it? I was animating! Animation takes up so much of my time now. My drive keeps me working and coloring every day. I probably will not relax until this project is completely done.

This project means the world to me. I am putting my heart, my soul, my blood, sweat, and tears into it. And though yes, I am exhausted, I am excited to get this project done.

No comments:

Post a Comment