Sunday, March 26, 2017

Big Changes

Earlier in the week, I participated in two types of meetings: a group meeting and an individual meeting.
In my case, I did not find the group meeting to be very helpful. However, my project is a special scenario where these meetings would not help. Since I have been so deep in the production of this film, I seem miles ahead of my colleagues who may not even have a clue of what they are doing. I had fun sharing my ideas and hearing some praises for the massive amount of work I've completed, it did not assist with my production.
The individual meeting did more for me. I spoke with my teacher, Mrs. Stoklosa, about the ending of my opening. She showed me that my ending was a bit too conclusive. It wrapped everything up too well when it should, in fact, entice the audience to want more. At first, I did not like the idea of this. I really liked my ending and the final line that had. Immediately I wanted to show growth, change, and character development. However, this was wrong of me. The conclusiveness could ruin the entire production. Showing and hinting at so much growth could of ruined the entire journey the characters needed to undertake in order to understand each other better.
So, I've decided to cut down my ending. Not only does this save me time with animating, but it also fixes the structure of the story. The audience will want to know more about these characters and the story and not just be completely satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment